Tuesday 13 September 2016

Happy 21st Birthday Nicholas


The Teo Family celebrated Nicholas' advanced 21st Birthday on 12 Sep 2016 at IMM's Hai Di Lao.
I was cracking my head hard on what to bake for him, then i came across Susanne's bake here. It took me 7hrs on Sunday to bake the bottom rainbow and top blue vanilla chiffon, plus the white wordings.
I only bake the semi-circle rainbow on top most yesterday morning.

first line up the colours properly, cuz it's my first time baking a 9" chiffon cake. 





 below are the steps on how to layer each colour, all learnt from Susanne's book.






by blue colour my meringue collapsed, hence the wavy look.. haha

now baking the upper tier, got some leftover batter, trying on cupcakes.


lastly, the semi-circle rainbow. as i do not have the exact 15cm tube pan, i tried using my smallest tube pan to make the above. made 2 cuz i have leftovers. 

Nic and Mag

so glad it was well delivered and all said nice. =)
see the curvy blue, this was what i meant.. the meringue collapsed.. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment